This document is an electronic record in terms of the Information Technology Act, 2000 (“IT Act”), the rules thereunder as applicable, and the provisions pertaining to electronic records in various statutes as amended by the IT Act. This electronic record is generated by a computer system and does not require any physical or digital signatures.
- Acceptance of Terms
- provide true, accurate, current and complete information about Yourself on the Website;
- maintain and promptly update the data provided by You on the Website.
- You may access the Website for Your personal use. The Website is owned by LeanScience. You acknowledge that LeanScience is providing You with a revocable, limited, non-exclusive, and non-transferable license to use the features of the Website.
- To register on Our Website, You will be required to use the various social media sign-in details, as may be available and necessary. By doing so, We automatically capture Your e-mail id, on the Website. Further, post registration, You may be required to key in necessary details and personal information in the ‘Contact Information’ form. By registering Your e-mail ids and/or phone number with Us, You consent to be contacted by Us via phone calls, SMS notifications, and/or e-mails, in case of any subscription/service updates. You are entirely responsible for maintaining the security and confidentiality of Your account. We will not be liable for any loss that You may incur as a result of someone else using Your account, either with or without Your knowledge. You may be held liable for any losses incurred by Us or another party due to someone else using Your account.
- If You provide any information that is untrue, inaccurate, not current or incomplete, or We have reasonable grounds to suspect that any information provided by you is untrue, inaccurate, not current or incomplete, We reserve the right to suspend or terminate Your account and refuse any and all current or future use of the Website (or any portion thereof) at any time.
- Due to the global nature of the Internet, You agree to comply with all applicable local laws, state specific laws, and regulation rules regarding use of the Website. Specifically, You agree to comply with all applicable laws regarding the transmission of technical data and information, exported from India or the country in which You reside.
2.1 To avail any services offered by LeanScience, You will have to become a Subscribed User. You may become a Subscribed User by registering with Us through the Website to create Your account. You may then update the Website with personal information relating to You. You will also be required to pay the amount as specified in the Website to avail Our services. These services and amounts may be different for each user of the Website.
2.2 Please ensure that You obtain the advice and consultation of a registered medical practitioner before availing our services or before You decide to act on any content produced by LeanScience on its Website. You agree that taking such advice and/or consultation, is solely Your responsibility. We will assume that You have already taken such advice from a registered medical practitioner, before you register on Our website, and/or avail Our services, and/or act on any content produced by LeanScience on its Website.
2.3 You agree that any services provided by LeanScience may be subject to change at the discretion of LeanScience.
2.5 Any payments made to LeanScience in respect of any services are subject to the payment terms of LeanScience. Please visit http://program.leanscience.fit/topic/program-fees/ for more details.
2.6 LeanScience may at its discretion revise the amount payable in respect of services, and any services that may be applicable to the Users of Our services.
2.7 You agree that LeanScience may at any time and for any reason, terminate Your access to the Website, or restrict or suspend Your access to all or any part of the Website at any time, for any or no reason, with or without prior notice, and without liability.
- Third Parties
- Prohibited Conduct
4.1 You agree that You shall not use the Website in order to host, display, upload, modify, publish, transmit, update, distribute, share, store or destroy material:
- in violation of any applicable law or regulation;
- in a manner that will infringe the copyright, trademark, trade secret or other intellectual property or proprietary rights of others or violate the privacy, publicity or other personal rights of others;
- that belongs to another person and to which the user does not have any right to;
- that is grossly harmful, harassing, blasphemous, defamatory, obscene, pornographic, paedophilic, libellous, invasive of another’s privacy, threatening, abusive or hateful or racially, ethnically objectionable, disparaging, relating encouraging money laundering or gambling or otherwise unlawful in any manner whatsoever;
- harm minors in any way;
- deceives or misleads the addressee about the origin of such message or communicates any information which is grossly offensive or menacing in nature;
- impersonate another person or entity;
- contains software viruses or any other computer code, files or programs designed to interrupt, destroy or limit the functionality of LeanScience’s computer systems or site or LeanScience’s users, customer’s computer systems or site;
- threatens the unity, integrity, defence, security or sovereignty of India, friendly relations with foreign states or of public order or causes incitement to the commission of any cognizable offence or prevents investigation of any offence or insulting any other nation.
4.2 If You become aware of misuse of the Website by any person, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
5. Trademark, Copyright, and Restriction
5.1 The Website is made available exclusively by LeanScience. LeanScience is the sole owner of the Website, and all content created to make the Website available to You. LeanScience provides You with a single limited license to use and access the Website for the limited purpose of using the services. The license is specifically personal, non-transferable, and non-exclusive.
5.2 All materials on the Website that are available to all You (free or subscribed user), including, without limitation, names, logos, trademarks, images, text, columns, graphics, graphs, illustrations, artwork, information, plans, customizations, videos, content, software and other elements (collectively, “Material”) are protected by copyrights, trademarks and/or other intellectual property rights owned and controlled by LeanScience. All of the Material is the exclusive copyright of LeanScience. Except as specifically provided herein or elsewhere in the Website, no Material may be copied, reproduced, republished, sold, downloaded, posted, transmitted, or distributed in any way, or otherwise used for any purpose, by any person or entity, without LeanScience’s prior express written permission. You may not add, delete, distort, or otherwise modify the Material. Any unauthorized attempt to modify any Material, to defeat or circumvent any security features, or to utilize the Website or any part of the Material for any purpose other than its intended purposes is strictly prohibited.
5.3 All Material is the exclusive copyright of LeanScience or its licensors, except the Third Party Material and link to third party apps or websites. Systematic retrieval of LeanScience’s Material to create or compile, directly or indirectly, a collection, compilation, database or directory (whether through robots, spiders, automatic devices or manual processes) without written permission from LeanScience is prohibited. In addition, use of the Material for any purpose not expressly permitted by LeanScience in these Terms is prohibited and may invite legal action.
5.4 You hereby provide LeanScience the copyright to use, publish, and distribute any content that You may post on Our Website, along with Your name and photograph. Further, You also provide LeanScience, a perpetual license to use, publish, and distribute, any content along with your name and photograph, that you may publish or write, either online or offline.
5.4 All Material on this Website, including images, illustrations, audio clips, Your posts and testimonials, and video clips, are protected by copyrights, trademarks, and other intellectual property rights. Material on the Website is solely for Your personal, non-commercial use. Any use for which You receive any remuneration, whether in money or otherwise, is commercial use for the purposes of these Terms.
5.5 With the prior permission of LeanScience, you may share the Material on any social media platform, as is acceptable to LeanScience.
5.5 LeanScience respects the intellectual property of others. In case You feel that Your trademark or copyright has been infringed on the Website, You can write to Us at email@example.com.
- Collection/Disclosure of Personal Information
- Security Components
You understand that the Website and software embodied within the Website may include security components that permit digital materials to be protected, and that use of these digital materials is subject to usage rules set by LeanScience. You may not attempt to override, disable, circumvent or otherwise interfere with any such security components and usage rules embedded into the Website.
- Terms and Termination
8.3 LeanScience reserves the right to cancel delete or deactivate Your Account, if it believes the same has been compromised, or is being used fraudulently, at its own discretion.
- Disclaimer of Warranties and Liability on the Website
9.1 We shall not be liable for any interference, virus, hacking, or any such consequence, caused by any network or internet service providers.
9.2 Any content posted on a third party platform, by Us or any authorised third party, shall be subject to the terms and conditions, and policies, of that third party platform in addition to the terms and conditions set forth herein.
9.2 All Material on this Website, (including but not limited to software) and services, included on or otherwise made available to You through this Website are provided on “AS IS” and “AS AVAILABLE” basis, without any representation, warranties or conditions of any kind, either express or implied, including all implied warranties or conditions of merchantability, merchantable quality, fitness for a particular purpose, durability, title, and non-infringement, except otherwise specified in writing. Without prejudice to the forgoing paragraph, LeanScience does not warrant that:
- The Website will be constantly available, or available at all; or
- The information on the Website is complete, true, accurate or non-
9.3 LeanScience will not be liable to You in any way or in relation to the Material, or use of, or otherwise in connection with the Website. LeanScience does not warrant that the Website, information, content, Materials, product (including software) or services included on or otherwise made available to You through the Website are free of viruses or other harmful components.
9.4 We will advise You regarding Your health, which would include, but may not be limited to, Your diet, lifestyle and exercise recommendations. You may voluntarily choose to follow or not follow any such advice, provided by Us. You however agree, that in the event that you choose to follow Our advice, We do not assure or guarantee any results and We will not be responsible for any results or consequences.
9.5 SUBJECT TO APPLICABLE LAWS, IN NO EVENT WILL LEANSCIENCE’S OR ITS EMPLOYEES’, OR ITS AGENTS’, PARTNERS, AND CONTRACTORS’, AGGREGATE LIABILITY ARISING FROM OR RELATED TO THE AFORESAID SERVICES TO YOU, EXCEED THE PAYMENTS ACTUALLY RECEIVED AND RETAINED BY LEANSCIENCE FROM YOU, FOR ANY AND ALL CAUSES OF ACTION BROUGHT BY YOU OR YOUR AGENTS. IN THE EVENT THAT YOU ARE NOT A SUBSCRIBED USER, LEANSCIENCE WILL NOT BE LIABLE TO YOU UNDER ANY CIRCUMSTANCES.
- Disclaimer of Services
10.1 Any information provided to You through this Website, including, but not limited to, any dietary charts, suggestions, recommendations, predictions, and/or advice, should not be treated as medical advice, opinion, diagnosis, prescription, or treatment. You acknowledge that We have not been authorised or recognised by any regulatory body or medical council. The health supplements, dietary advice, and recipes, are not recognised by any regulatory or licensing body.
10.2 You acknowledge and agree that, especially, if You are a minor, pregnant or a breast-feeding women, have had a prior medical history or have been diagnosed to be of high medical risk, or any other person with significant health problems, or if You are under treatment for any conditions or taking medications prescribed by Your registered medical practitioner, You should inform Us before availing Our Services. We may withdraw or refuse to provide services accordingly.
10.3 You acknowledge and agree that the suggestions and recommendation provided by Us on the Website, are only suggestions, and You may comply with it at Your choice and option. LeanScience offers You a platform and various services via the Website, to help You get healthy using scientific methods and by providing You with customised support and assistance. You will be aware and You acknowledge that the effects of diets, metabolic rates, and levels of physical activity vary from one individual to another, and therefore, resultant fitness levels, will vary. This customised support is to assist You to stay healthy. However, You acknowledge and agree that no positive results are guaranteed by Us.
10.4 You agree that You may share with Us results of Your blood tests, based on which we will provide Our services to You, which may include providing specific feedback and advice on supplements, if any. We will not use any information to diagnose any medical condition or disease.
10.5 You acknowledge and agree that developments in medical research may impact the health, fitness and nutritional advice that may be given to You on the Website, and that no assurance can be given, or is given, by Us that the advice contained in this Website will always include the most recent findings or developments.
10.6 PLEASE NOTE THAT NEITHER WE, NOR OUR PARTNERS, OFFICERS, PERSONNEL, REPRESENTATIVES, AND EMPLOYEES ARE QUALIFIED TO GIVE MEDICAL ADVICE OR PROGNOSIS AND WE DO NOT GIVE ANY SUCH MEDICAL ADVICE. PLEASE CONSULT YOUR REGISTERED MEDICAL PRACTITIONER FOR ANY AND ALL HEALTH RELATED QUERIES.
10.7 You expressly waive and release any claim that You may have against Us or Our directors, employees, agents, contractors, affiliates and representatives at any time for any health concerns or issues of any kind that You may experience as a result of Your use of the Website or Our services.
10.8 We do not recommend or endorse any specific tests, physicians, products, procedures, opinions, or other information that may be mentioned on the Website. Reliance on any information provided by Us, Our partners and employees, others appearing on the Website is solely at Your own risk.
- Exclusions and Limitations
Those who access or use the Website from other jurisdictions do so at their own volition and are responsible for compliance with the local law. Some jurisdictions do not allow the exclusion of certain warranties or the limitation or exclusion of liability for incidental or consequential damages. In such an event, We will not provide any service to You and You must immediately cease using the Website.
You agree to defend, indemnify and hold harmless LeanScience, its subsidiaries, affiliates, subcontractors, partners, officers, directors, employees, consultants, representatives and agents, from and against any and all claims, damages, obligations, losses, liabilities, costs or expenses (including but not limited to attorneys’ fees and costs) arising from:
- Your use of and access to the Website;
- Your violation of any third party right, including without limitation any copyright, property, or privacy right.
- Additional Terms
13.1 We may also require You to follow additional rules, guidelines or other conditions in order to participate in certain promotions or activities available through the Website, to obtain certain premium content through the Website, or for other reasons. These additional terms are part of this Agreement, and You agree to comply with them when You participate in those promotions, or otherwise engage in activities governed by such additional terms.
13.2 The failure of LeanScience to exercise or enforce any right or provision of these Terms shall not constitute a waiver of such right or provision. If any provision of these Terms is found by a court of competent jurisdiction to be invalid, the Parties nevertheless agree that the court should endeavour to give effect to the Parties’ intentions as reflected in the provision, and the other provisions of this Agreement remain in full force and effect.
13.3 These Terms are governed by the laws of India. Any matters arising under these terms shall be subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of courts located in Bangalore.
- Grievance Officer
In case of any grievance arising from the use of the Website or any of Our services, please contact the Grievance Officer, the details of whom are set forth below-
Grievance Officer: firstname.lastname@example.org